|Date: 8/8/2019 8:54:24 PM|
VON DOHREN GOING FOR NINTH FORREST ROGERS MEMORIAL WIN SATURDAY AT GRANDVIEW SPEEDWAY BUT THERE IS PLENTY OF COMPETITION STANDING IN THE WAY
DUANE HOWARD AND BRAD BRIGHTBILL LEAD NASCAR TRACK POINT STANDINGS
BACKPACKS AND “KIDS DRIVE NASCAR” KITS FREE ON SATURDAY NIGHT
BECHTELSVILLE, PA August 7, 2019 . . . When the 49th annual Forrest Rogers Memorial NASCAR 358 Modified race is presented at Grandview Speedway this Saturday, August 10, ten time NASCAR track champion Craig Von Dohren will be a big favorite to win. The Oley, PA racer, a winner of more than 100 feature races at Grandview, is looking to win his ninth Rogers Memorial. His first win goes back to 1986.
With $10,000 up for grabs for the winner, the competition for the coveted classic win will be keen to say the least.
Last year Ray Swinehart, one of the oldest competitors, took the win. Saturday night he will be looking for his fifth win.
Another ten time track champion, Jeff Strunk, will be looking to win his third Rogers Classic. Duane Howard, locked in a battle for the T.P.Trailers NASCAR track title, is looking for a third win. Veteran racer Meme DeSantis is a two time winner as is Billy Pauch. Green Lane, PA’s Kevin Hirthler has won once.
And if you go way back in the record books you will find that Freddie Rahmer, who finished his career as one of the nation’s top Sprint car racers, won four Forrest Rogers Memorials before moving on to the Sprints.
There are a number of Saturday night Modified racers that have what it takes to win the Classic including Doug Manmiller, Brett Kressley, Hall of Famer Frank Cozze, Rick Laubach, Tim Buckwalter, Jared Umbenhauer and others. And who knows there just might be a visitor come in and steal it all away from the regulars. It has happened before with Danny Johnson and Ryan Godown claiming the big check.
So Saturday night at Grandview Speedway the action will be super exciting as more than 40 Modified racers are expected to be on hand to try to take home the $10,000 first place money.
And the always exciting T.P.Truck Equipment Sportsman will be in action with the racing producing a new feature winner just about every Saturday night.
Current point standings show Duane Howard 3463 points has a slight edge over Craig Von Dohren with 3416 counters in the Modifieds and Brad Brightbill continues to be the pacesetter in the Sportsman with 2922 points as they head toward the Forrest Rogers Memorial Night of racing.
Sitting third in the NASCAR 358 Modified standings is Brett Kressley with 3142 points followed, in the top five, by Doug Manmiller at 3080 and Rick Laubach with 3001 points. In the NASCAR Sportsman Brad Grim has 2724 points to hold down second spot. Third is former champion Brian Hirthler with 2694 tallies. Kyle Lilick has earned 2658 points while Saturday night feature winner Jack Butler is fifth with 2377 points.
Free backpacks, just in time for school openings, courtesy of Craig Whitmoyer and Snyder Web Design, will be given away at the Rogers Memorial. Kids must pick up their free tickets Saturday night at the main entrance, right on up until heat races are completed, with five boys and five girls having their lucky tickets drawn at intermission to win the backpacks.
In addition to the backpacks school kits and activity books, all part of the KIDS DRIVE NASCAR KIT, will be given away at the main gate while supplies last.
Freedom 76 Lap Sponsorships, just $20, are available from Tina Rogers or Tommy Kramer at the track. Lap sponsorships and heat race sponsorships ($200) are available through Ernie Saxton at 267.934.7286 or mail a check to cover the cost of laps and/or sponsorship of a heat race to Grandview Speedway, 87 Wilt Road, Bechtelsville, PA 19505.
Racing gets the green at 7:30 p.m. with the first of the qualifying events leading up to the feature races. Spectator gates open at 5:30 p.m. Adult admission is $25 while youngsters 6 thru 11 pay just $5 and those under 6 are admitted free. Pit admission is $30. The weekly Low Down and Dirty Meet & Greet giving fans a chance to see race cars up close and meet some of the drivers takes place near the main gate starting at 5 p.m. This Saturday fans will meet Modified standout Kevin Hirthler along with his Sportsman driver brother Brian Hirthler and B.J. Joly.
For additional information check in at www.grandviewspeedway.com, Facebook or telephone 610.754.7688.
UNOFFICIAL POINT STANDINGS FOR NASCAR
MODIFIEDS AS OF AUGUST 3, 2019
1. Duane Howard, Oley, PA #66/357H 3463***
6. Jared Umbenhauer, Richland, PA #19/1H &n
7. Jeff Strunk, Boyertown, PA #126 &nbs
9. Alex Yankowski, Covington Twp., PA #84Y 2359
10. Frank Cozze, Wind Gap, PA #4 2341
11. Ryan Grim, Laury’s Station, PA #17 2329
12. Kyle Weiss, Hamburg, PA #21K 2280
13. Louden Reimert, Oley, PA #16 2251
14. Mike Lisowski, Minersville, PA #15 1973
15. Craig Whitmoyer, Hamburg, PA #99 1971
16. Tim Buckwalter, Douglassville, PA #23X &nbs
17. Danny Erb, Boyertown, PA #44 1644
18. Kenny Gilmore, Fleetwood, PA #OG7/14 &
19. Briggs Danner, Allentown, PA #6/78D 1550
20. Clay Butler, Bloomsbury, NJ #4B 1542
21. Dylan Swinehart, Fleetwood, PA #81 1434*
22. Ray Swinehart, Perkiomenville, PA#33 1388
23. Ron Kline, Salford, PA #355 1327
24. Joe Funk, Coopersburg, PA #14RR 1319
25. Dan Waisempacher, Springtown, PA #01
26. Brett Gilmore, Fleetwood, PA #7 1281
27. Justin Grim, Orefield, PA #611/61 1227
28. Jordan Henn, Kutztown, PA #77H 1100
29. Ryan Lilick, Collegeville, PA #49
30. Steve Swinehart, Perkiomenville, PA #313 910
UNOFFICIAL POINT STANDINGS FOR NASCAR
SPORTSMAN AS OF AUGUST 3, 2019
1. Brad Brightbill, Sinking Springs, PA #19 2922***
3. Brian Hirthler, Green Lane, PA #4*/117 2694**
7. Kyle Smith, Fleetwood, PA #77 2289
8. Brad Arnold, Bethel, PA #830 2285
9. Dean Bachman, Emmaus, PA #65
10. Andrew Kreis, Boyertown, PA #6K 1827
11. Brandon Edgar, Lehighton, PA #57 1676*
12. Jesse Landis Gilbertsville, PA #976 1601
13. Ryan Beltz, Barton, PA #221 1535
14. Lex Shive, Pennsburg, PA #5K 1474
15. Mike Mammana, Nazareth, PA #31 1456
16. Nathan Mohr, East Greenville, PA #17M &nbs
17. Nate Brinker, Allentown, PA #14
18. Kenny Bock, Birdsboro, PA #6 1214
19. Derrick Smith, Telford, PA#20 1197*
20. Parker Guldin, Fleetwood, PA #11 1064*
21. Sean Weiss, Gilbertsville, PA #24 1004*
22. Josh Adams, Douglassville, PA #44A 985
23. Tom Miller, Gilbertsville, PA #77T 949*
24. Chris Esposito, Hatfield, PA #31A 927
25. Andy Clemmer, Bechtelsville PA #127 888
* denotes feature win (Feature wins listed are only for those that are