|Date: 8/3/2019 10:03:45 AM|
DUANE HOWARD TOPS T.P.TRAILERS NASCAR MODIFIED POINTS AT GRANDVIEW; BRIGHTBILL HOLDS ON TO SPORTSMAN POINT LEAD WITH DOUBLEHEADER ACTION SET FOR SATURDAY
BECHTELSVILLE, PA July 31, 2019 . . . Veteran Modified racer Duane Howard picked up a win in the T.P.Trailers NASCAR Modified feature race at Grandview Speedway last Saturday night, his third of the season, and that put him in front of the NASCAR standings for the first time this season. And in the T.P.Truck Equipment Sportsman standings Brad Brightbill continues to be the man to beat as he continues to lead the point battle.
Howard, a five time champion, last won the title in 2012. The Oley, PA racer has now won three features and tallied 3197 points. Howard’s Oley neighbor Craig Von Dohren had a tough night last Saturday and finished 25th leaving him 88 points behind in second spot with 3109 points as he strives for his 11th championship. In third is Rick Laubach with 2871 points. The Hellertown, PA racer has not cracked victory lane so far this season. Brett Kressley sits in fourth with 2855 counters and Doug Manmiller, a recent feature winner, holding 2848 points good for fifth spot in the standings.
Sitting behind Brightbill, who calls Sinking Springs, PA home, in the Sportsman standings is Brad Grim with 2559 points and no wins while Brightbill has three wins and 2675 counters. Past champion Brian Hirthler is third with two wins and 2507 points. Feature winner Kyle Lilick holds on to fourth with 2430 points followed by Mark Kemmerer with 2218 tallies but no victory lane visits.
There have been 58 racers take part in the Modified action and 45 Sportsman taking the green flag.
Just seven point events remain for both divisions as the point battles continue. This Saturday, August 3, the T.P.Trailers NASCAR 358 Modifieds and T.P.Truck Equipment Sportsman are in action in an excitement filled doubleheader as racers continue the battle for the lucrative NASCAR track titles. Modified racers will be using the event as a tune-up for the Forrest Rogers Memorial scheduled for August 10. Spectator gates open at 5:30 p.m. with racing action scheduled for 7:30 p.m. Adult admission is just $15 with youngsters under 12 admitted free.
The weekly Meet & Greet, presented by the Low Down and Dirty Internet radio show, this week will feature Modified racers Rick Laubach and Ron Myers along with Sportsman talent Jesse Landes. It all gets started at 5 p.m.
Coming up on Saturday, August 10th is the annual Forrest Rogers Memorial for NASCAR 358 Modifieds, a 50-lapper, paying $10,000 to win. The Sportsman will also be part of the doubleheader. Adult admission is $25, youngsters 6 through 11 pay $5 and kids under 6 are admitted free. Pit admission is $30.
Free backpacks, just in time for school openings, courtesy of Craig Whitmoyer and Snyder Web Design, will be given away at the Rogers Memorial. Kids must pick up their free tickets the next two Saturday nights at the main entrance, right on up until heat races are completed, with five boys and five girls having their lucky tickets drawn at intermission during the Rogers Memorial to win the backpacks.
Freedom 76 Lap Sponsorships, just $20, are available from Tina Rogers or Tommy Kramer at the track. Lap sponsorships and heat race sponsorships ($200) are available through Ernie Saxton at 267.934.7286 or mail a check to cover the cost of laps and/or heat race to Grandview Speedway, 87 Wilt Road, Bechtelsville, PA 19505.
UNOFFICIAL POINT STANDINGS FOR NASCAR
MODIFIEDS AS OF JULY 27, 2019
1. Duane Howard, Oley, PA #66/357H 3197***
4. Brett Kressley, Orefield, PA #19K 2855**
7. Jeff Strunk, Boyertown, PA #126 &nbs
9. Kyle Weiss, Hamburg, PA #21K 2280
10. Frank Cozze, Wind Gap, PA #4 2274
11. Alex Yankowski, Covington Twp., PA #84Y 2240
12. Ryan Grim, Laury’s Station, PA #17 2133
13. Louden Reimert, Oley, PA #16 1991
14. Tim Buckwalter, Douglassville, PA #23X &nbs
15. Craig Whitmoyer, Hamburg, PA #99 1961
16. Mike Lisowski, Minersville, PA #15 1767
17. Clay Butler, Bloomsbury, NJ #4B 1542
18. Danny Erb, Boyertown, PA #44 1494
19. Kenny Gilmore, Fleetwood, PA #OG7/14 &
20. Ray Swinehart, Perkiomenville, PA #33 1338
21. Briggs Danner, Allentown, PA #6/78D 1322
22. Ron Kline, Salford, PA #355 1317
23. Dan Waisempacher, Springtown, PA #01
24. Dylan Swinehart, Fleetwood, PA #81 1246*
25. Brett Gilmore, Fleetwood, PA #7 1211
26. Joe Funk, Coopersburg, PA #14RR 1199
27. Ryan Lilick, Collegeville, PA #49
28. Justin Grim, Orefield, PA #611/61 1048
29. Jordan Henn, Kutztown, PA #77H 930
30. Kory Fleming, Milford, NJ #704 890
UNOFFICIAL POINT STANDINGS FOR NASCAR
SPORTSMAN AS OF JULY 27, 2019
1. Brad Brightbill, Sinking Springs, PA #19 2675***
3. Brian Hirthler, Green Lane, PA #4*/117 2507**
6. Kyle Smith, Fleetwood, PA #77 2159
7. Jack Butler, Phillipsburg, NJ #5 2120*
9. Dean Bachman, Emmaus, PA #65
10. Andrew Kreis, Boyertown, PA #6K 1711
11. Brandon Edgar, Lehighton, PA #57 1676*
12. Mike Mammana, Nazareth, PA #31 1377
13. Jesse Landis Gilbertsville, PA #976 1361
14. Ryan Beltz, Barto, PA #221 1356
15. Nathan Mohr, East Greenville, PA #17M &nbs
16. Lex Shive, Pennsburg, PA #5K 1276
17. Nate Brinker, Allentown, PA #14
18. Derrick Smith, Telford, PA#20 1172*
19. Kenny Bock, Birdsboro, PA #6 1058
20. Parker Guldin, Fleetwood, PA #11 964*
21. Tom Miller, Gilbertsville, PA #77T 909*
22. Andy Clemmer, Bechtelsville PA #127 888
23. Josh Adams, Douglassville, PA #44A 885
24. Sean Weiss, Gilbertsville, PA #24 878*
25. Scott Kohler, Boyertown, PA #12S 851
* denotes feature win (Feature wins listed are only for those that are