|Date: 7/8/2015 10:39:27 PM|
NEWS FROM NASCAR SANCTIONED GRANDVIEW SPEEDWAY –
Track promoter: Bruce Rogers @610.754.7688 – Public Relations: Ernie Saxton @215.752.7797 or Cell @267.934.7286…Email:Esaxton144@aol.com
COMPETITION IS THE NAME OF THE GAME IN NASCAR RACING AT GRANDVIEW SPEEDWAY
TRIPLEHEADER STOCK CAR ACTION SPONSORED BY INGERSOLL RAND SATURDAY
Corrected T.P.Trailers NASCAR 358 Modified Division Point Standings
BECHTELSVILLE, PA July 8, 2015 . . . There have been 20 different feature race winners at Grandview Speedway at the midpoint of the season. In the T.P.Trailers NASCAR 358 Modifieds there have been eight different winners, the BRC Late Models have six winners and the Sportsman have six different winners. To say the season so far has been very competitive would be putting it mildly.
Coming up on Saturday, July 11, 7:30 p.m. is Ingersoll Rand Night featuring the three divisions of stock car racing including T.P.Trailers NASCAR 358 Modifieds, BRC Late Models and Sportsman. Ingersoll Rand will award a $600 IR Tool package to the feature winners and will have a display of air and cordless tools at the main gate along with a demonstration of a cordless impact tool. WNPV-1440AM Radio will award a pair of tickets to a NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Pocono Raceway to a couple of lucky fans.
Fans are reminded to continue to participate in the Ingersoll Rand Testing Contest. From 11 a.m. each Saturday to 11 p.m. on Sunday fans are invited to text IRToolsGRV to 313131 to chance to win an IR prize pack plus two adult tickets to a future Grandview Speedway regular night of racing.
Heading up the action for the Modifieds on Saturday night will be current point leader and all time leading feature winner Craig VonDohren looking to make it two wins in a row having won last Saturday night. In the BRC Late Models six time champion Chuck Schutz will be looking to add another win to his resume and in the Sportsman point leader Brett Kressley will be looking to get back to victory lane. With more than 75 racers on hand last week these three will have plenty of competition has another big field of racers is expected to be on hand.
When the main gate opens at 5:30 p.m. fans will have the opportunity to be part of the Low Down and Dirty Meet & Greet that will feature 358 Modified veteran Glenn “Professor” Strunk and Sportsman rookie talent Ryan Shupp.
Then on Saturday, July 18th Hatfield Quality Meats, a long time sponsor of racing at Grandview, will have their mascot on hand to shoot t-shirts and Hatfield hot dogs into the stands. Early arrivers will be able to sample the new Hatfield “Dry Rub” tenderloin and fillet. Mascot “Smiley” will be on hand to say hello to fans and pose with feature winners during the evening.
The Hatfield Meats sponsored night will include T.P.Trailers NASCAR 358 Modifieds, BRC Late Models and Sportsman stock cars along with the popular Blast from the Past Vintage racers with racing starting at 7:30 p.m.
Grandview Speedway, a one-third-mile, banked clay track, is located on Passmore Road just off Route 100 in Bechtelsville, PA, 10 miles north of Pottstown. A full assortment of great concessions and novelty items are available. Free parking on the grounds. Fans are invited to the competition area after the events are completed to meet the racers. For information telephone 610.754.7688 or check in at www.grandviewspeedway.com, Twitter@GrandviewSpeedway and www.facebook.com/grandviewspeedway along with Rainedout.com (for rainout information).
Saturday, July 11, 7:30 p.m. T.P.Trailers NASCAR 358 Modifieds, BRC Late Models and Sportsman stock cars. WNPV-1440AM will give away some tickets for Pocono NASCAR Sprint Cup race. Ingersoll Rand will have a display.
Saturday, July 18, 7:30 p.m. Hatfield Quality Meats Night featuring T.P.Trailers NASCAR 358 Modifieds, BRC Late Models and Sportsman stock cars along with the Blast from the Past Vintage Racers.
Sunday, July 19, 1:00 p.m. Outlaw Enduro Racing and Blast from the Past Vintage racing.
Saturday, July 25, 7:30 p.m. Atlas Paving Night featuring the T.P.Trailers NASCAR 358 Modifieds, BRC Late Models and Sportsman stock cars.
Tuesday, July 28, 7:30 p.m. NAPA Thunder on the Hill Series featuring 410 Sprints and NASCAR T.P.Trailers 358 Modifieds (NASCAR points are awarded). Rain date July 30th 7:30 p.m.
REVISED UNOFFICIAL POINT STANDINGS FOR NASCAR
T.P. TRAILERS MODIFIEDS AS OF JULY 4, 2015
* denotes feature win (Feature wins listed are only those that are
NASCAR point events.)
The corrected point standings are a result of adjustments made in the July 4th Modified feature finish that has Duane Howard credited with 8th, Ray Swinehart moved to 9th, Mike Gular goes to 10th and Bobby Gunther Walsh is credited with 11th.
1. Craig VonDohren, Oley, PA #1C 2975**
2. Doug Manmiller, Shoemakersville, PA #00 2747
3. Duane Howard, Oley, PA #66 2609**
4. Jeff Strunk, Pottstown, PA #88 2325*
5. Mike Gular, Green Lane, PA #53/2 2281
6. Jared Umbenhauer, Richland, PA #5 2244
7. Don Norris, Douglassville, PA #976 2084
8. Danny Erb, Boyertown, PA #44 2020
9. John Willman, Birdsboro, PA #74W 2005
10. Tim Buckwalter, Douglassville, PA #22 1920
11. Frank Cozze, Wind Gap, PA #357/19 1890
12. Meme DeSantis, Temple, PA #357 1817
13. Kyle Weiss, Hamburg, PA #21K 1804*
14. Nate Christman, Fleetwood, PA #37 1792
15. Kevin Hirthler, Boyertown, PA #117 1777**
16. Glenn Strunk, Bechtelsville, PA #41 1739
17. Ray Swinehart, Perkiomenville, PA #33 1729*
18. Jarred Miller, Barto, PA #917 1659
19. Mike Kellner, Lansdale, PA #A1/57 1463
20. Brian Houseknecht, Bechtelsville, PA #323 1410
21. Eric Biehn, Bechtelsville, PA #87 1403
22. Ryan Grim, Laury’s Station, PA #17 1368*
23. Kyle Borror, Peach Bottom, PA #B4 1295
24. Ryan Wyatt, Boyertown, PA #14W 1111
25. Todd Smith, Hatfield, PA #39 984
26. Ron Seltmann, Lower Pottsgrove, #R19 965*
27. Bobby Gunther Walsh, Allentown, PA #1 886
28. Mike Laise, Pottstown, PA #15 724
29. Jamie Speers, New Holland, PA #762 524
30. Kevin Hartnett, Barto, PA #81 522