|Date: 6/7/2015 9:29:12 AM|
NEWS FROM NASCAR SANCTIONED GRANDVIEW SPEEDWAY, BECHTELSVILLE, PA------Track promoter: Bruce Rogers @ 610.754.7688
MEDIA CONTACT: Ernie Saxton@215.752.7797-Cell:267.934.7286
Race results by Vicki Gehris with additions by Ernie Saxton
LISOWSKI WINS 40-LAP SPORTSMAN RACE, SELTMAN JR. EARNS FIRST CAREER NASCAR MODIFIED VICTORY AND RANDY STOUDT WINS ANOTHER LATE MODEL FEATURE AT GRANDVIEW
BECHTELSVILLE, PA. June 6, 2015 . . . Mike Lisowski, behind the wheel of the M&J Construction No. 15, stayed patient and held off the constant challenges of Jason Neidlinger in the NASCAR Sportsman Summer Splash 40-lap feature sponsored by Bashore Trucking/BFP Specialty on Saturday night at Grandview Speedway. Lisowski actually lost the lead to Neidlinger at one point, but regained control and later withstood runner-up Craig Whitmoyer’s bids to collect a $1,500 payday. “My car was tight early in the race, but it got better when fuel burned off,” commented an elated Lisowski in victory lane after posting his second win of the season.
The T.P. Trailers NASCAR Whelen 30-lap Modified feature went non-stop and produced a well-earned career first win for veteran campaigner Ron Seltman Jr. Fighting handling issues all season long, the dedicated crew members stuck with him and had the car in top notch form. The win didn’t come early for Seltman Jr. since he had to deal with lapped traffic and constant pressure from second-place finisher Ray Swinehart, who ironically helps him set up his car, from the 14th lap until the end. Seltman Jr. beat him out by a tire at the line. Seltman Jr. said “the win means more to him than anyone can imagine and in addition to Ray’s help he also thanked defending point champion Jeff Strunk and Mike Gular for their input.”
Randy Stoudt was able to claim his second 25-lap BRC Late Model feature by a comfortable margin over runner-up Dave Ogin, who posted his season best finish.
All three feature winners received monetary awards from T.P. Trailers and also the Dan’s Deli ½-way lap hoagie award. The top finisher in each feature that was using VP Racing Gas earned product awards.
Coming up on Saturday, June 13th at 7:30 p.m. the exciting 305 Winged Sprinters will make their first Saturday appearance of the season at Grandview featuring defending TSRS champion Mike Haggenbottom, recent winner Stef Palmai,Karl Freyer, David Brown Jr. (won a Thunder sprint event earlier in season), Kyle Purks, Mike Kostic Jr., Ryan Stillwagon and a host of others. In addition to the 305 Sprints the NASCAR T.P.Trailers 358 Modifieds and Sportsman will be in action. The night will be sponsored by A.D. Moyer Lumber. Adult admission will be $18 with kids 11 and under admitted free. Gates open at 5:30 p.m. with the popular Low Down and Dirty Meet & Greet with drivers from the Modifieds, Sprints and Sportsman.
Then on Sunday it will be racing action for the Outlaw Enduros and Blast from the Past Vintage racers. Action gets underway at 1 p.m. Adult admission is $10.
In the 40-lap Sportsman event Paul Houseknecht led seven laps before Lisowski charged to the outside for the pass and the lead on the restart needed when Brett Gilmore stopped in the third turn. Neidlinger and Dean Bachman followed for second and third the same time as Houseknecht dropped to fourth and Sean Weiss fifth.
The side-by-side battle for first went on lap after lap with Lisowski on the high side and Neidlinger trying the inside to dive underneath.
Neidlinger managed to make the pass stick for the 22nd and 23rd lap, but Lisowski was back on top the 24th circuit.
A three-way dual for first ensued by the 26th lap between Lisowski, Neidlinger and Craig Whitmoyer with Brian Hirthler and Brett Kressley just waiting in the wins for a slip-up.
Neidlinger, who was having his best run of the season, bounced off the homestretch wall on the 30th lap and kept going, but lost valuable positions.
Behind Lisowski, Whitmoyer, Hirthler, K. Gilmore and Kressley were bumper-to-bumper which gave him some breathing room.
Lisowski kept everyone at bay and didn’t make a mistake to capture the victory. Chasing him across were Whitmoyer, Kressley and K. Gilmore. Sixth through tenth were Neidlinger, Jim Housworth, Erik Renninger, Jeff Sechrist and Paul Kline.
Houseknecht, Sean Weiss and Neidlinger won the heats. The consi went to K. Gilmore.
Seltman Jr. started on the outside pole in the Modified main and quickly charged past Mike Bailey, who is getting adjusted to the car after returning a few weeks ago, to be the new leader on the second lap.
Within a few laps Seltman Jr. opened daylight and was being chased down by Swinehart, Bailey, Jarrad Miller and Eric Biehn.
By the 12th lap Swinehart began to reel Seltman Jr. in as lap cars came into play. Two laps later Swinehart was on Seltman Jr.’s tailpipe and the pair went side by side with neither one giving in.
The race behind them was a heated one between Don Norris Jr., Miller and Bailey. Trying to get into the top five mix were Doug Manmiller, Mike Gular and Craig Von Dohren.
Coming on for the checkered Swinehart gave it his all and made one last effort to pass Seltmann Jr., but fell short by a wheel and 0.035 seconds. Third went to Norris Jr. with Miller, fourth and Gular, fifth to score their season best finishes. VonDohren, Bailey, Manmiller, John Willman and Kyle Weiss rounded out the top ten.
Heats were won by Norris Jr., Bailey and Kevin Hirthler. Nate Christman was the consi winner.
Stoudt led from the wave of the green until the drop of the checkered for his second win in the Late Model feature.
Cory Merkel, while running second, spun in the fourth turn for the fifth lap caution. Stoudt continued his rapid pace on the restart while Ogin, Chuck Schutz, Dan Green and Joe Fanelli trailed. Wayne Pfeil soon joined the thick of the battle.
No one got close enough to Stoudt to challenge him as he was victorious again followed by Ogin, Schutz, Green and Pfeil. Sixth through tenth were Fanelli, Sean Merkel, Kyle Merkel, Mike Wharton and Kory Fleming, last week’s feature winner.
C. Merkel and Stoudt were the heat winners.
NASCAR Bashore Trucking/BFP Specialty Sportsman Feature Finish (40-Laps): 1. Mike Lisowski, 2. Craig Whitmoyer, 3. Brett Kressley, 4. Kenny Gilmore, 5. Brian Hirthler, 6. Jason Neidlinger, 7. Jim Housworth, 8. Erik Renninger, 9. Jeff Sechrist, 10. Paul Kline, 11. Dean Bachman, 12. Brian Kressley, 13. Ken Eckert Jr., 14. Jordan Henn, 15. Paul Houseknecht, 16. Brett Gilmore, 17. Ryan Lilick, 18. Brad Arnold, 19. Kyle Lilick, 20. Ryan Beltz, 21. Pat Conrad (alternate), 22. Sean Weiss, 23. Andy Ressler, 24. Ryan Shupp. DNS: Mark Kemmerer. DNQ: Mike Koffel and Brandon Whitmoyer.
NASCAR T.P.Trailers Modified Feature Finish (30-Laps): 1. Ron Seltmann Jr., 2. Ray Swinehart, 3. Don Norris Jr., 4. Jarrad Miller, 5. Mike Gular, 6. Craig Von Dohren, 7. Mike Bailey, 8. Doug Manmiller, 9. John Willman, 10. Kyle Weiss, 11. Jared Umbenhauer, 12. Jeff Strunk, 13. Frank Cozze, 14. Meme DeSantis, 15. Danny Erb, 16. Duane Howard, 17. Kevin Hirthler, 18. Nate Christman, 19. Ryan Grim, 20. Glenn Strunk, 21. Jamie Speers, 22. Mike Kellner, 23. Eric Biehn, 24. Brian Houseknecht, 25. Todd Smith, 26. Bobby Gunther-Walsh, 27. Tim Buckwalter, 28. Kyle Borror. DNQ: Ron Haring Jr., Mark Kratz and Ryan Kunkle.
NASCAR BRC Late Model Feature Finish (25-Laps): 1. Randy Stoudt, 2. Dave Ogin, 3 Chuck Schutz, 4. Dan Green, 5. Wayne Pfeil, 6. Joe Fanelli, 7. Sean Merkel, 8. Kyle Merkel, 9. Mike Wharton, 10. Kory Fleming, 11. Rick Todorow, 12. Dean Stoudt, 13. John Giesler, 14. Cory Merkel, 15. Steve Wilson, 16. Blaine Emery, 17. Lou Egrie Jr., 18. Steve Gross.
Grandview Speedway, a one-third-mile, banked clay track, is located on Passmore Road just off Route 100 in Bechtelsville, PA, 10 miles north of Pottstown. A full assortment of great concessions and novelty items are available. Free parking on the grounds. Fans are invited to the competition area after the events are completed to meet the racers. For information telephone 610.754.7688 or check in at www.grandviewspeedway.com, Twitter@GrandviewSpeedway and www.facebook.com/grandviewspeedway along with Rainedout.com(for rainout information).
Saturday, June 13, 7:30 p.m. A.D.MOYER Night featuring T.P.Trailers NASCAR 358 Modifieds, Sportsman and 305 Sprints. Adults $18 and kids 11 and under are admitted free.
Sunday, June 14, 1 p.m. Outlaw Enduro Racing, 2-60 lap races for big cars and 2-60 lap races for small cars plus 20-lap Ladies race. In addition two 15-lap features for Blast from the Past Vintage Cars. Adult admission is just $10
Tuesday, June 16, 7:30 p.m. Thunder on the Hill Series Super DirtCar Series Modifieds 18th Annual Traffic Jam Big Block Modifieds 60 Laps, T.P.Trailers 358 Modifieds 30 Laps (NASCAR points will be awarded).
Saturday, June 20, 7:30 p.m. Celebrate Father’s Day. Pocono Raceway Tire Changing Contest, Free Pocono tickets, Feature winners receive $600 prize package from Ingersoll Rand, First 200 paying fans through the front gate receive a free Grandview Speedway Can Koozie. Racing includes T.P. Trailers NASCAR 358 Modifieds, BRC Late Models and Sportsman.
Each Saturday night has spectator gates opening at 5:30 p.m. with a Low Down and Dirty Meet & Greet that allows fans to meet drivers and get up close look at race cars.
UNOFFICIAL POINT STANDINGS FOR NASCAR
T.P. TRAILERS MODIFIEDS AS OF JUNE 6, 2015
* denotes feature win (Feature wins listed are only those that are
NASCAR point events.)
1. Craig VonDohren, Oley, PA #1C 2381*
2. Doug Manmiller, Shoemakersville, PA #00 2199
3. Duane Howard, Oley, PA #66 2102**
4. Jeff Strunk, Pottstown, PA #88 1940*
5. Mike Gular, Green Lane, PA #53/2 1872
6. Frank Cozze, Wind Gap, PA #357/19 1830
7. Jared Umbenhauer, Richland, PA #5 1774
8. Kyle Weiss, Hamburg, PA #21K 1729*
9. Don Norris, Douglassville, PA #976 1700
10. Nate Christman, Fleetwood, PA #37 1667
11. Danny Erb, Boyertown, PA #44 1666
12. John Willman, Birdsboro, PA #74W 1637
13. Meme DeSantis, Temple, PA #357 1618
14. Tim Buckwalter, Douglassville, PA #22 1520
15. Glenn Strunk, Bechtelsville, PA #41 1479
16. Kevin Hirthler, Boyertown, PA #117 1435**
17. Jarred Miller, Barto, PA #917 1322
18. Ryan Grim, Laury’s Station, PA #17 1259*
19. Ray Swinehart, Perkiomenville, PA #33 1200
20. Brian Houseknecht, Bechtelsville, PA #323 1146
21. Mike Kellner, Lansdale, PA #A1/57 1125
22. Eric Biehn, Bechtelsville, PA #87 1058
23. Kyle Borror, Peach Bottom, PA #B4 978
24. Ryan Wyatt, Boyertown, PA #14W 841
25. Ron Seltman, Lower Pottsgrove, #R19 838*
26. Todd Smith, Hatfield, PA #39 828
27. Bobby Gunther Walsh, Allentown, PA #1 570
28. Mike Laise, Pottstown, PA #15 570
29. Kevin Hartnett, Barto, PA #81 522
30. Jamie Speers, New Holland, PA #762 514
UNOFFICIAL POINT STANDINGS FOR NASCAR
BRC LATE MODELS AS OF JUNE 6, 2015
1. Chuck Schutz, Pottstown, PA #1 2165**
2. Sean Merkel, Boyertown, PA #118 1891
3. Wayne Pfeil, Mohnton, PA #72 1865**
4. Dan Green, Coatesville, PA #46 1787
5. Joe Fanelli, Exton, PA #22 1756
6. Kory Fleming, Milford, NJ #704 1685**
7. Dave Ogin, Bechtelsville, PA #310/8M 1630
8. Rick Todorow, Quakertown, PA #93 1538
9. John Giesler, Aston, PA #ZT1 1374
10. Cory Merkel, Gilbertsville, PA #16 1349
11. Lou Egrie Jr., Willow Grove, PA #4E 1324
12. Steve Gross, West Chester, PA #62 1254
13. Bill Henning, Lansdale, PA #80 1129
14. Randy Stoudt, Pottstown, PA #5/10 1005**
15. Steve Wilson, Green Lane, PA #15 989
16. Lou Egrie Sr., Willow Grove, PA #X4 767*
17. Buddy Mertz, Boyertown, PA #00 747
18. Shawn Horning, Blandon, PA #8M 450
19. Kyle Merkel, Boyertown, PA #00 381
20. Tony Giglio #16X 303
UNOFFICIAL POINT STANDINGS FOR NASCAR
SPORTSMAN AS OF JUNE 6, 2015
1. Brett Kressley, Orefield, PA #19K 2175****
2. Kenny Gilmore, Fleetwood, PA #7 1893**
3. Craig Whitmoyer, Hamburg, PA #99 1668
4. Jim Housworth, Reigelsville, PA #72 1647
5. Jordan Henn, Kutztown, PA #77H 1602
6. Brian Hirthler, Green Lane, PA #4* 1480
7. Brad Arnold, Kenhorst, PA #830 1476
8. Mike Lisowski, Minersville, PA #15 1453**
9. Erik Renninger, Bridgewater, NJ #51 1437
10. Brett Gilmore, Fleetwood, PA #00 1346
11. Ryan Lilick, Collegeville, PA #142 1341
12. Ken Eckert, Orwigsburg, PA #29 1314
13. Ryan Beltz, Barto, PA #221 1264
14. Joe Funk, Coopersburg, PA #14J 1112
15. Jason Neidlinger, Schuylkill Haven, PA #88X 1106
16. Jeff Sechrist, Robesonia, PA #29G 1104*
17. Dean Bachman, Emmaus, PA #65 1065
18. Tom Miller, Gilbertsville, PA #77 815
19. Kyle Lilick, Collegeville, PA #104 735
20. Paul Houseknecht Bechtelsville, PA #25 641